If you still have a bunch of leftover hard boiled eggs from Easter then here’s 3 Deviled Eggs recipes worth a consideration.
Deviled Avocado Eggs
- 6 medium eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 large avocado
- 3 tsp lime juice,
- 1 tsp cilantro, minced
- 2 tbsp red onion. minced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Top with a dash of paprika or chili
- Halve the eggs length-wise, remove the yolks and set aside.
- Arrange the egg white halves on a platter and set aside.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and 3 whole egg yolks (discard the rest) ,with a fork until desired consistency.
- Mix in lime juice, red onion, cilantro, salt and pepper adjust to taste and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg white halves, about 2-3 teaspoons per egg half.
- Sprinkle with a little paprika or chili powder for color
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, within 2-3 hours.
- How to peel boiled eggs, the secret is they need to be cold, it’s that simple.
- Have you tried to peel a warm or hot egg? It looks like you butchered it, right?
- Either refrigerate them for 30 to 60 minutes after you boil them or put them under running cold water.
- Crack them all over on your counter using one hand and then shell will come right off. It’s that simple!
Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
Source: Real House Moms
- 12 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tsp rice vinegar
- ¾ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked, crisp, and crumbled
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half, lengthwise
- Remove the yolks and put them in a mixing bowl
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork
- Add the mayonnaise, rice vinegar, ground mustard, and sugar to the mashed egg yolks and stir until well combined
- Mix in the jalapenos and bacon
- Put the mixture in a ziploc bag and cut a small hole in the corner of the bag
- Fill each egg hole with the mixture
- Sprinkle with paprika
- Chill until ready to serve
Jalapeno Cilantro Deviled Eggs
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 tbsp fermentes mayo (just omit the garlic in THIS recipe)
- 1-2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp mustard
- optional: relish
- Slice the eggs in half, remove the yolks and add to a bowl.
- Cut 6 rings out of the jalapeño, dice the rest.
- Add the diced jalapeño, mayo, mustard and cilantro to a bowl and mix.
- Spoon the mixture in the egg halves, top with jalapeño rings.