Smartphone slowdown is real when you think about how much stuff accumulates on your device, but you can take some simple measures to reduce digital clutter, reorganize your smartphone, and breathe some new life into your phone!
To keep your devices up to speed, please consider seven simple, practical tips:
- Keep your memories in the cloud: Backup old photos and videos for free with Google Photos.
- Take appventory: Uninstall useless apps that take up data, slow your phone down, and eat your battery life.
- Deny permissions: Choose which permissions (i.e. location tracking) to grant to a given app as you install it
- Clear the cache: Browser data can build up to the point where it’s significantly slowing down your phone.
- Keep the software up to date: Not only will your phone get the latest in security and bug fixes, but it will also integrate new and helpful features for a better experience
- Start from square one: If the system freezes or some apps refuse to launch, back up your data and do a factory reset.
Andrew Moore-Crispin, Director of content at Ting Mobile – an MVNO that loves to help people save money on their cell phone bills by offering name-brand service from carriers like Verizon and Sprint.
For more tips visit www.ting.com
RELATED links to Digital Responsibility
Today’s parents are both blessed and cursed by technology options made available to their children. While the ability to locate and communicate with your child in real time is incredible, the ability of others to do so can be frightening and dangerous.