fbpx

Know the Facts of Coin Lithium Battery Safety

Coin lithium batteries can be found around most homes in everyday items like remote controls, keyless entry devices for your car, flameless candles, sound-enabled books and greeting cards and a variety of health and fitness devices. If a 20 millimeter coin lithium battery is swallowed by a small child, it can get caught in the esophagus. The battery will react with saliva and cause a chemical reaction that can lead to severe injuries in as little as two hours. Unfortunately many parents do not know about the issue. In a recent survey*, 62 percent of parents reported being unaware of the risk associated with coin lithium batteries.

In an effort to help keep kids safe, Energizer and the National Safety Council are working together to leverage Child Injury Prevention Week (September 1-7) as a time to educate parents and caregivers nationwide on the steps they can take to help prevent coin lithium battery injuries. The 4S’s of Coin Lithium Battery Safety were developed so parents and caregivers could easily recall the steps to keep their kids safe.

 

LithiumCoinBatterySafety-infographic

SHARE THIS
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on google
Share on pinterest
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
LEAVE A COMMENT

Leave a Reply

Sign Up For Our Newsletter.

Stay connected for your daily dose of Parenting Advice, Houston Area Events, Awesome Giveaways and much more!

Thanks for joining our family.

Houston Family Download App Button
Blue Willow Oct

october, 2020

X
X