Before you make the first of many, many turkey sandwiches over the next few days, here’s a step-by-step tutorial by Aimee of SimpleBites on how to keep your leftover turkey moist when you reheat it.
- Carve the turkey and slice into portions.
- Line an oven-proof dish with iceberg lettuce.
- Layer turkey inside the dish.
- Drizzle turkey with a little turkey or chicken stock.
- Top turkey with more iceberg lettuce.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and chill.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake for 20 minutes with foil and lettuce intact
- Check if the turkey is heated through.
- If hot enough, transfer turkey to a platter and discard the lettuce. Serve at once.