by Houston Family Magazine
Through Partnership with Edison Nation®, Brand Hopes to Generate Innovative Ideas for New Pre-Walker Footwear
Stride Rite Children’s Group, a leading line of fashionable and functional pre-walker footwear for newborn to one-year-old children, has announced that it is partnering with Edison Nation®, an idea-to-shelf product developer and online inventor community, to kick off an eight-week initiative to tap its online community at EdisonNation.com to help the brand generate innovative new ideas in the pre-walk footwear product category.
Stride Rite’s pre-walker brand, Robeez by Stride Rite, was created by a mom for moms who want high-quality, fashionable baby shoes that provide a superior learning-to-walk experience. The brand has remained an industry leader in pre-walk footwear for 17 years and is now pushing the envelope on its innovative roots by tapping the Edison Nation community on a quest for the next-generation in footwear that also stays true to the brand’s whimsical, functional and fashionable brand identity.
The shoe ideas generated through this initiative should cater to babies, age newborn to one-year-old and include the following functionality and design aspects:
- Easy on/off and stay-on features
- Baby-friendly construction — material/fabric composition designed to protect a baby’s fragile foot
- Safety — with baby footwear, safety always comes first; consider baby-friendly materials and avoid small parts on which a baby could choke.
- Easy to clean/durable — shoes should be machine washable and durable to withstand the constant friction of life as a baby — crawling, pulling up, etc.
How to submit an idea:
- Sign up for Edison Nation for free at http://www.edisonnation.com/signup
- Visit www.edisonnation.com/striderite and fill out the submission form. Processing fee for each idea submission is $25.
- Upload images, sketches, videos, or any other materials that support your idea.
- Tell your story!
- Search runs from December 14, 2011 until 11:59 p.m. PST on February 14, 2012. Edison Nation will review submissions and present the top selections to the Stride Rite Children’s Group team, who will make the final decision on which idea to develop.
- Prize: $2,500 minimum advance plus 20 years percentage of sales or buyout
To learn more, visit www.edisonnation.com/striderite .
About Stride Rite Children’s Group and Collective Brands, Inc.
The Stride Rite Children’s Group, part of the Performance + Lifestyle Group of Collective Brands, Inc., markets leading brands of premium children’s footwear in the United States, including Stride Rite®, Robeez for Stride Rite®, Saucony® Kids, Keds® Kids and Sperry Top-Sider® Kids, among others. For over 90 years, the company has designed and engineered footwear specifically to meet the needs of growing children. Through our sole commitment to “Kid-RITE” innovation, quality, health and style, Stride Rite Children’s Group’s mission is to be the first choice for premium authentic footwear brands that kids love and moms trust. Visit www.striderite.com to learn more.
About Collective Brands, Inc.
Collective Brands, Inc. (NYSE: PSS) is a leader in bringing compelling lifestyle, fashion and performance brands for footwear and related accessories to consumers worldwide. The company operates three strategic units covering a powerful brand portfolio, as well as multiple price points and selling channels including retail, wholesale, ecommerce and licensing. Collective Brands, Inc. includes Payless ShoeSource, focused on democratizing fashion and design in footwear and accessories through its nearly 4,500-store retail chain, with its brands Airwalk®, Dexter®, Champion® and designer collections Lela Rose for Payless, Christian Siriano for Payless and Isabel Toledo for Payless, among others; Collective Brands Performance + Lifestyle Group, focused on lifestyle and performance branded footwear sold primarily through wholesale and retail, with brands including Stride Rite®, Keds®, Sperry Top-Sider®, and Saucony®; and Collective Licensing International, the brand development, management and global licensing unit, with such youth lifestyle brands as Airwalk®, Vision Street Wear®, Sims®, Lamar® and LTD®. Information about, and links for shopping on, each of the Collective Brand’s units can be found at www.collectivebrands.com .
About Edison Nation®
Edison Nation is an idea-to-shelf consumer product developer behind such products as Gyro Bowl, Emery Cat and Mister Steamy. Edison Nation operates an invention-centric multi-platform organization, including Everyday Edisons , an Emmy® award-winning series on public television now in production for Season 4, and the namesake Edison Nation sponsored idea search service that has brought to market dozens of products in over 25,000 stores nationwide through partnerships with leading retailers and manufacturers. Edison Nation was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Charlotte, N.C. For more information, please visit www.edisonnation.com.