Did you know that the cents on each product at Costco is actually a “Price Tag Code” that identifies if the product is full price, a manager deal, a manufacturer special, discounted or discontinued?
Here’s a breakdown of what the last two numbers on the price of each product means.
- .99: The item is full-priced and probably not as good of a deal as you might initially think
- .97: These are manager deals that should probably be scooped up
- .79 or .49: Manufacturer specials are often products being tested at a certain price point so it’s tough to determine how good of a deal it is
- .00: If you need an item that ends in 00 you should buy it because the double 0 means Costco no longer carries the product and wants it off their shelves
- *: If you see an asterisk then you are seeing a discontinued product.
I hope this helps the next time you go to Costcos. If you are a Sam’s shopper then you are just going to have to shop and compare.