If you are a die hard movie fan who enjoys total immersion in the theatrical experience then 4DX may be just the experience you’re looking for. What is this technology you may ask, well it’s a movie experience that touches all of your senses while in the theater. However, the latest evolution in 4D technology has enhanced this experience even further with the addition of motion enabled chairs, water, wind, scents, bubbles, fog, flashing lights an RPX screen (similar to IMax) and Dolby surround sound.
I was invited to view Godzilla King of the Monsters recently and I must say, it was the perfect movie for the 4DX experience. The movie was an amazing thrill ride filled with movement, wind, water and amplified sound. The 4DX experience made me feel like I was actually in the movie. Each battle sequence was enhanced by the wind from the helicopters, water sprays from the ocean and of course the we felt every punch through our seats. My 11 year old daughter called the film nothing short of epic especially when you add in the roller coaster like movement of the theater seats. If you’re looking for something memorable to do with your kids this summer, the 4DX experience should absolutely be on your bucket list. However, I do recommend packing a hoodie or light sweater as the water misting can get a little chilly.
Want to experience 4DX for yourself? Head over to Houston’s very own Edwards Houston Marq’e Stadium 23 at 7600 Katy Freeway, Houston, TX, 77024 . www.regmovies.com
Edwards Houston Marq’e Stadium 23
4DX Experience Summer Lineup
- You must be at least 3 1/2 feet tall and 4 years of age to experience 4DX
- Children should be seated near their parents or guardians
- No one is permitted to share a seat or sit on another’s lap
- Once the feature has started, remain seated at all times unless you are exiting the auditorium and if so, be mindful of the footrests to avoid tripping.
- Do not stand on footrests
- Do not bring valuables into the auditorium without taking measures to ensure their safety and security
- Do not bring hot liquids, such as coffee or tea, into the auditorium and all cold beverages must be in a covered container that fits in the cup holder
- Do not eat or drink during intense scenes when the motion chairs will be most active
- Do not wear delicate clothing or any articles that may be adversely affected by the 4DX feature presentation effects.
- Take measures to protect clothing against wind, rain-like conditions, bubbles, and strong scents