- 1 cup almonds raw, unroasted, unsalted
- 1/3 cup cashew raw, unroasted, unsalted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut unsweetened, fine
- 1/2 cups sugar free maple flavored syrup -Monk Fruit or any liquid sweetner you like
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
Key lime avocado filling
- 1 1/2 cup avocado about 3 avocado
- 3/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk low fat or regulat
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablepoons sugar free maple flavored syrup -Monk Fruit or liquid sweetener of your choice
Make the base
- In a food processor, with the S blade attachment, add all the base ingredients. Order doesn’t matter.
- Blend on high for about 1-2 minutes. Stop the food processor, scrap down the side every 30 seconds and repeat until the ingredients comes together and forms a sticky batter that is easy to press into a pie dish to form a crust. If too dry or crumbly add an extra 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Press the mixture into an 8 inch non stick removable bottom tart pan. You can also use a 8 inches glass pie dish. I found the first option easier to unmold and serve beautiful pie.
- Make sure the mixture get an even thickness on the bottom and sides of the tart pan – about 3-4 mm thick is what I found the best to hold well. Freeze while you prepare the key lime filling.
Make the filling
- Place all the filling ingredients into a blender or food processor, except the lime zest.
- Blend/process on high until it forms a creamy green batter. It should have no lumps.
- Stir in the lime zest with a spatula.
- Pour the avocado key lime filling into the prepared pie base, spread evenly with a spatula and return to the freezer for 1 hour a least or 3 hours in the fridge.
- To un mold, push up the removable bottom of your tart mold and it will release the pie easily. If you are using a glass pie dish, simply cut the pie in 8-12 servings. Serve the slice using a pie server.
- Store up to 5 days in the fridge in a cake plastic box. The box avoid the avocado to be in contact with the fridge air, and it won’t change the lovely green color.
- Serve with a dollop of dairy free coconut yogurt and extra lime zest.
Freezing: if this pie is too large, freeze any extra slice! Defrost 1 hour before serving.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.sweetashoney.co