- Kosher salt
- 3 live lobsters (about 2 pounds each)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 split-top hot dog buns
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- Paprika, for topping
- Bring 2 inches of salted water to a boil in a large stockpot. Add the lobsters, cover and steam until bright red, 9 to 10 minutes. Remove the lobsters to a baking sheet with tongs and let cool. Shell the lobsters (see below). Cut the lobster meat into 3/4-inch chunks, discarding any cartilage from the claws.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the buns and toast, turning, until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Wipe out the skillet. Add the remaining 6 tablespoons butter and the lobster meat. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook, stirring gently, until the lobster is just warmed through, 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the chives and tarragon; season with salt. Divide among the buns; sprinkle with paprika.
- How to Shell a Lobster
- Twist off the claws and set aside, then gently twist and pull the tail from the body; discard the body.
- Use kitchen shears to cut through the underside of the tail shell; pull out the meat. Remove the black vein and any roe or tomalley (green matter).
- Bend the small pincer on each claw from side to side, then pull it off the claw.
- Use the blunt side of a knife or a nutcracker to crack the claws; break open and pull out the meat from the claws and knuckles.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.foodnetwork.com