- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can cherry pie filling
Optional Glaze Drizzle
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
3-4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and prepare a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter. Mix with a fork until it’s crumbled. Then, set aside ½ cup of the crumbles.
- In another bowl, mix together the milk, vanilla and eggs. Then, pour the liquid mixture into the large bowl of crumbles. Mix until well combine, will be thick and lumpy.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and spread out with a spatula. Pour the cherry pie filling over the top and then spread the remaining crumbles on top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 minutes and serve warm or chilled.
Whisk the confectioner’s sugar and milk in a small bowl, then drizzle it over the mostly cooled cake.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 https://gatherforbread.com