- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon ground psyllium husk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup lukewarm water – not boiling, think bath temperature
- Preheat oven to 220C (430F).
Making the coconut flour pizza dough
- In a large mixing bowl add the coconut flour, psyllium husk, salt, olive oil and lukewarm water.
- Combine with a spatula or wooden spoon first then use your hand and knead the dough for 1 minute. The batter will be very moist at first and dry out as you go and that is what you want. Gather the pieces of dough and form a ball.
- Set aside in the mixing bowl, at room temperature, for 10 minutes. It will give time to the fiber in the flour and psyllium husk to absorb the extra moisture.
Rolling the dough
- The dough ball is now firm, elastic and ready to roll.
- Slightly oil a sheet of parchment paper with olive oil (this will avoid the pizza base to stick to the paper while baking).
- Place the dough ball in the center of this sheet. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the ball, press with your hand to flatten the ball and start rolling with your rolling pin until it reach the thickness you like. The thinner the crispier the pizza will be !
- Remember, it is crucial to roll the dough between parchment paper sheets or the dough will stick to your rolling pin.
- Peel off the top parchment paper sheet. Use a knife to cut out a nice pizza circle or keep the shape as you like. If you cut yours into a circle, reuse the dough from the border to roll another pizza base.
Prebake the coconut flour pizza crust
- Your pizza base is now ready to be pre-bake (keep your pizza crust on the parchment paper to bake!). Pull the parchment paper sheet with the pizza base on it, onto a baking sheet and pre-bake the crust for 12-15 minutes.
Garnish your pizza base
- Remove from the oven, spread tomato sauce, baby spinach leaves and grated mozzarella and olives or feel free to use any toppings you like
- Return to the oven for 5-8 minutes or until your cheese is melted and grilled. You can also switch the oven to grill mode for 1-2 minutes at the end of the baking process to grill the cheese even better.
- Serve immediately.
Freezing: you can pre bake your crust and freeze them for next time. I recommend to freeze them wraps into plastic wrap and then into foil to avoid any moisture. Don’t the freeze the raw dough.
Storage: you can store the raw pizza dough in the fridge up to 24 hours wrapped into plastic wrap or in an airtight container.
Toppings: any toppings works well with this pizza base. Feel free to use any white base or sugar free BBQ sauce if preferred.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.sweetashoney.co