Crispy Skin Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken is a family-friendly and simple weeknight dinner recipe with a spicy kick and a ton of flavor!
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 shallot
- 3 jalapenos for more heat use habanero
- 4 sprigs of thyme leaves removed from step
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 8 chicken pieces bone-in and skin-on (I used a mixture of legs and thighs)
- In the bowl of your food processor, combine the scallions, shallot, jalapenos (or habaneros), thyme, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, olive oil, coriander, allspice, salt, black pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pulse 10-12 times or until mostly smooth. Set aside.
- Pour half of the mixture into the bottom of your slow cooker. Add the chicken and brush the rest on top. Cook on low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 3 hours.
- When your chicken has about 10 minutes left. Preheat your grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the grates a little bit of oil. Carefully transfer the chicken from the slow cooker to the hot grill. Grill until charred on both sides, about 4 minutes on each side. You want it to be dark and crispy. Remove from heat and let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve the chicken alongside a salad and fresh corn. Enjoy!
Jerk chicken is normally made with habaneros. This will make the chicken incredibly spicy. You may substitute them in for the jalapenos, if spicy is your thing. 🙂