- 1 package (24 ounces) Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 8 ounces taco flavored tortilla chips
- 2 large eggs
- 6-8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- sour cream (optional)
- Stir together cold mashed potatoes with Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses and diced jalapenos.
- Scoop 48 tablespoonfuls of potato mixture and place on parchment- or wax paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate 15-20 minutes.
- In bowl of food processor, pulse tortilla chips to fine crumbs or place chips in large, zip-top bag and smash using rolling pin. Pour crumbs into shallow bowl.
- Beat eggs and pour into separate shallow bowl. Set aside.
- In fryer or Dutch oven, heat oil to 350° F.
- Remove mashed potato scoops from refrigerator and roll into balls. Roll each mashed potato ball in flour, tapping off excess. Once potato balls are coated in flour, dip each into egg, allowing excess to drip off, then into tortilla chip crumbs, making sure to coat evenly. Set on clean baking sheet. Discard excess flour, egg and tortilla chip crumbs.
- In hot oil, fry small batches of mashed potato poppers until golden brown, 30-40 seconds. Remove from fryer and place on paper towel to drain excess oil. Repeat until all poppers are cooked. Serve hot with sour cream, if desired.
Note: To reheat poppers, bake 6-8 minutes at 350° F.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.culinary.net