- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Special equipment: a 6- or 8-quart Instant Pot® multi-cooker
- Set a 6-quart Instant Pot® to high saute (see Cook’s Note) and allow it to heat up for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, liberally sprinkle the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Add the oil to the pot. Add half of the chicken skin-side down and cook until the skin is deeply browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook until the second side is deeply browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add the garlic to the pot and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned in spots, about 1 minute. Add the olives, capers, vinegar, oregano and 1/2 cup water and stir to combine, using a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape up any browned bits at the bottom of the pot. Turn off the heat and add the rack on top of the olive mixture with the handles facing up. Nestle the chicken on the rack skin-side up.
- Follow the manufacturer’s guide for locking the lid and preparing to cook. Set to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the yogurt sauce. Add the yogurt, parsley, mint, lemon zest and juice and a large pinch of salt and pepper to a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Set aside.
- After the pressure-cook cycle is complete, follow the manufacturer’s guide for quick release and wait until the quick-release cycle is complete. Being careful of any remaining steam, unlock and remove the lid. Remove the chicken to a platter and use a slotted spoon to scoop the olive mixture on top and around the chicken. Cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Remove the rack and set the pot to normal saute. Simmer the sauce until slightly thickened and reduced by half, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce on top of the chicken and serve with the yogurt sauce on the side.
Settings may vary on your Instant Pot® depending on the model. Please refer to the manufacturer’s guide.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.foodnetwork.com