- 4 – 6 (955g) skinless chicken breasts or skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons (28g) unsalted butter or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons (2.4g) Italian seasonings
- 8 (83g) cremini mushrooms , sliced
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) light or regular soy sauce (not low sodium)
- ¾ cup (188ml) unsalted chicken stock
- 4 (16g) garlic cloves , minced
- 60 – 80 grams sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup (40g) spinach
- ½ cup (125ml) heavy cream
- ¼ – ½ cup (16 – 32g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3.5 tablespoons (32g) cornstarch
- ¼ cup (63ml) cold water
- Brown Chicken Thighs or Chicken Breasts: Heat up Instant Pot using Sauté More function. Wait until it says HOT. This prevents chicken from sticking to the pot.Pat dry chicken and season one side gently with salt + black pepper. Add in 2 tbsp (28g) unsalted butter or olive oil. Quickly add in the chicken to prevent butter from burning. While one side is browning, season the other side with more salt + black pepper. Brown first side for 3.5 minutes, then the other side for 2 minutes. Set the chicken aside.
*Pro Tip: For better browning results, brown chicken in 2 batches using the same cooking times.
- Saute Garlic & Mushrooms: Add minced garlic, then saute for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add sliced mushroom, season with salt + black pepper, then saute for a minute. Add 2 tsp (2.4g) Italian seasonings, then saute for another minute.
- Deglaze Instant Pot: Mix 1 tbsp (15ml) soy sauce + ¾ cup (188ml) unsalted chicken stock together, then pour in Instant Pot and deglaze (scrub all the flavorful brown bits off the bottom). Give it a quick mix.
- Pressure Cook Chicken: Add in browned chicken + meat juice. Pressure cook chicken at:
-Chicken Thighs: High Pressure 5 minutes + Natural Release 10 minutes
-Chicken Breasts: High Pressure 4 minutes + Natural Release 10 minutes
After 10 minutes, release remaining pressure.
- Create Tuscan Chicken Sauce: Set aside chicken, bring the liquid mixture back to a boil (Saute button). Add in 1 cup (40g) spinach and 60 – 80g sun-dried tomatoes, then cook for 30 seconds. Give them a quick stir. Mix in 1/2 cup (125ml) heavy cream and 1/4 – 1/2 cup (16 – 32g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Thicken Tuscan Chicken Sauce & Seasoning: Mix 3.5 tbsp (32g) cornstarch + ¼ cup (63ml) cold water together in a small mixing bowl. Add the cornstarch mixture one third at a time to thicken the Tuscan Chicken sauce until desired thickness. Taste and season with more salt, cheese, soy sauce if necessary.
- Serve Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken: Place chicken back in Instant Pot and give it a quick mix. Then, serve Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken!
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.pressurecookrecipes.com