- 1 1/2 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tsp. lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons juice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 (3/4-inch-thick) strip steaks (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place potatoes in a large pot; cover with cold salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 15 to 18 minutes, adding peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and return vegetables to the pot. Add lemon zest and juice and 2 tablespoons oil; mash. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper. Cook to desired degree of doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing; reserve skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add shallots to reserved skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Add wine and 1/4 cup water. Cook, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon, until liquid is reduced by half, 4 to 6 minutes; remove from heat. Add butter and swirl pan to melt; stir in juices from cutting board. Season with salt and pepper. Serve steak topped with sauce and potatoes alongside.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.countryliving.com