- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 2 c. shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 oz. (15-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, 1 cup of cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, jalapeño, egg, and cumin and season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined, then form into meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add meatballs in a single layer and sear 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes and chipotle in adobo and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and return meatballs to skillet. Cover and simmer until meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Top with remaining 1 cup cheese, then cover with lid to let melt, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.delish.com