Spring cleaning involves more than sprucing up the home. Time to clean up that smartphone!
Andrew Moore-Crispin, a former tech journalist, and Director of Content at Ting Mobile https://ting.com/ shares the following tips:
1. Farewell to photos: Backup old photos and videos to the cloud for free with Google Photos.
2. Survival of the hippest: Uninstall useless apps that take up data, slow you down, and eat your battery life.
3. Screen saver: Organize your apps by moving frequently used ones to the home page or sorting them into smart folders.
4. Perpetual permissions: Choose which permissions (i.e. location tracking) to grant to a given app as you install it
5. Cut the cache: Browser data can build up to the point where it’s significantly slowing down your phone.
6. Where it all began…: If the system freezes or some apps refuse to launch, back up your data and do a factory reset.