• 1 (16 ounce) package ziti
• 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
• 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
• 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 egg, slightly beaten
• 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
• 2 cups tomato sauce, divided
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook ziti in boiling water until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 13 minutes; drain. Rinse ziti with cold water until cool; drain.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
3. Mix ziti, ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, egg, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
4. Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce into the bottom of a 2 1/2-quart shallow baking dish. Pour ziti mixture into the dish. Top with remaining 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven until sauce and cheese layer is bubbly and lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Skentals courtesy of www.allrecipes.com