FOR THE BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 1 lb. medium brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. brie cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
FOR THE CANDIED WALNUTS
- 1 1/2 c. California walnuts
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook brussels sprouts: Preheat oven to 425.º On a large baking sheet, toss brussels sprouts with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until crispy, about 25 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°. Scatter walnuts on a large baking sheet and bake until walnuts are toasted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Make candied walnuts: Grease a large plate with cooking spray. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine walnuts, honey mixture, sugar, and chili powder. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar coats walnuts and turns golden, about 3 minutes. Immediately transfer walnuts to prepared plate and spread into a single layer. Season with salt. Let cool completely, stirring a few times to keep walnuts separate.
- Arrange Brussels sprouts cut side-up on a serving platter. Top each with a piece of brie, a candied walnut, and drizzle of hot honey.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 www.delish.com