- 1 cup refried beans I use vegetarian
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced finely
- 2/3 c. shredded cheese I used a blend of cheddar and monterrey jack
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/3 c. enchilada sauce
- 4 whole wheat tortillas I like La Banderita Xtreme
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a hot skillet or griddle with cooking spray and ‘fry’ the tortillas, flipping frequently so they don’t burn. You want them to get nice and crispy. Remove fried tortillas to a plate.
- Heat the refried beans so they are warm. Place 2 tortillas on a baking sheet. Spread 1/2 cup of refried beans onto each tortilla. Place remaining tortillas on top of beans.
- Pour half of enchilada sauce on top of each tortilla and spread around.
- Add half of the chopped tomato on top of the sauce. Add 1/3 cup of cheese on top of each tortilla. Add half of the green onions on top of the cheese.
- Place in oven and cook about 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!
I like to let these cool a few minutes, then cut in quarters with a pizza cutter. Then you can pick up the slices and eat without a fork and knife
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 domesticsuperhero.com