Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 50 minutes
Yield: 15 bars
• 1-1/2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
• 1-1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
• 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 cup unsalted butter
• 1 granny smith apple cored and thinly sliced
• 1 cup Trader Joe’s apple cider jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 11X7 baking pan with parchment paper. Any regular rectangular size pan will work. Butter the edges not covered by parchment paper.
2. In a mixer, whisk together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cube butter and cut into flour until ingredients come together and are sticky.
3. Put half of the mixture into the bottom of the pan and press with fingers. Layer apples over bottom mixture and spread jam on top of apples.
4. Crumble remaining mixture over apple jam and press down with fingers. Do not worry if some of the apple peaks through, it will spread out when baking.
5. Bake for 50 minutes or until top is slightly golden.
6. Allow to cool completely and place in the fridge overnight.
7. In the morning, remove pan from fridge and cut around the edges with a sharp knife. Remove parchment onto a cutting board and slice bars into 15 squares. Serve with a glass of milk. Store remaining gluten free apple pie bars in a sealed container in the fridge.