- 16 ounces gluten-free elbow pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded fontina cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Gouda cheese
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Pour cream into a large saucepan over medium heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Measure about 2 tablespoons Cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons fontina cheese, and 2 tablespoons Gouda cheese; set aside. Stir remaining Cheddar cheese, fontina cheese, and Gouda cheese into cream; cook, stirring frequently, until cheeses are melted and cheese sauce is smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Mix pasta into cheese sauce until evenly coated; fold in bacon. Pour macaroni and cheese into the prepared baking dish and top with reserved cheese mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 15 minutes.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 Allrecipes.com