Classic lasagna, as much as we adore it, can be extremely time-consuming. Roll-ups are wayyy quicker. Once assembled, they only need 15 minutes in the oven. We promise it’s enough time for the cheese to get super melty and the edges to get perfectly crispy.
- 1/2 (1-lb.) box lasagna noodles
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 10 oz. baby spinach
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 c. ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 c. marinara
- 2 c. mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350º. Bring a large pot of salted boiling water to a boil and cook lasagna noodles until al dente. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and garlic and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Stir in lemon zest and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir ricotta, egg, and 1/2 cup Parmesan until combined then season with salt and pepper.
- Spread ricotta mixture onto one side of each lasagna noodle. Top with marinara and cooked spinach, then sprinkle with mozzarella and roll up tightly.
- In a large deep baking dish, spoon a layer of marinara on bottom of dish. Add the roll-ups and spoon more sauce onto each roll-up. Sprinkle more mozzarella and Parmesan over each roll up. Bake until bubbly and melted, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 www.delish.com