• 4 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
• salt and ground black pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup pecans
• 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon chipotle pepper powder
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1. Place salmon fillets on a baking sheet and season with salt and black pepper.
2. Combine pecans, maple syrup, vinegar, paprika, chipotle powder, and onion powder in a food processor; pulse until texture is crumbly. Spoon pecan mixture on top of each salmon fillet, coating the entire top surface. Refrigerate coated salmon, uncovered, for 2 to 3 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
4. Bake salmon in the preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, 12 to 14 minutes.
Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Recipe by HealthNut courtesy of www.allrecipes.com