FOR THE BREAD
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. pumpkin purée
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 1/4 c. all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
- 1 (1 1/4-oz.) packet Fleischmann’s RapidRise Yeast
- 1/2 c. milk, very warm (120-130°, microwaved for about 40 seconds)
- Cooking spray
FOR THE FILLING
- 1/2 (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. milk
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until smooth. Add egg, flour, and Fleischmann’s RapidRise yeast. Stir with a wooden spoon, add warm milk, and keep stirring until dough begins to become cohesive.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead, adding a little more flour if dough feels sticky, until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover with a clean dish towel and let rest 10 minutes.
- Making filling: In a small bowl, mix together 4 tablespoons butter, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar until a paste forms. Line two 9”-x-5” loaf pans with parchment and grease with cooking spray.
- Roll out rested dough into a large, 1/4-inch-thick rectangle, about 18 inches by 12 inches. Spread brown sugar mixture all over dough in an even layer. Cut dough lengthwise into 8 strips, then stack the strips on top of each other in two stacks of 4. Cut stacked strips into 6 rectangles each and place cut side up into prepared pans. Cover again with dish towel and let rise until doubled in size, 1 hour.
- Once dough is doubled in size, preheat oven to 350°. Bake until puffy and golden, 30 minutes. Let cool at least 15 minutes on a wire rack, then remove from pans and transfer to serving platter.
- Make glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle glaze over loaf and serve warm.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 www.delish.com