Recipes Provided by Jill Roberts of Living Up Wellness
Berry Overnight Oats
- 2 cups plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk (dairy or any nut milk)
- 2 cups berries (blackberries, strawberries or raspberries)
- 1 cup steel cut oats or 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 4tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 medium siz sliced bananas
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- To each bowl, add 1/4 cup steel cut oats (or 1/2 cup rolled oats), 1/2 cup berries, 1 tbsp honey, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and mix until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, add sliced banana and fold into mixture. Serve cold or microwave for 1 minute.
- For added calories for growing teenagers or men, add 2 tbsps slivered almonds and increase the steel cut oats by 2 tbsp or the rolled oats by 1/3 cup and add 1/2 cup additional milk.
- If omitting the banana, add 2 tbsps slivered almonds.
Veggie & Egg Scramble
- 10 eggs
- 15 corn tortillas
- 6 oz. spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 5 medium zucchini
- 6 medium green onions
- 5 tbsp paprika
- 5 tsp garlic powder
- 5 tsp cumin
- 5 tsp avocado oil
- Salsa and Fresh Avacado (optional)
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tsp avocado oil, 2 cups veggie mix. Season with 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook until veggies are soft, 8 minutes. (2 servings)
- Break 4 eggs into a small bowl, whisk and season with salt and pepper. Add to sautee pan. Reduce heat to med-low.
- Add 1 cup spinach.
- Stir until spinach is wilted and eggs are cooked.
- Serve with 1-2 corn tortillas per person.
Jill Roberts is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Health Coach based in The Woodlands, TX. She is dedicated to helping families develop habits that make them happy, healthy and resilient to diseses. Learn more about her services at www.livingupwell.com.