Makes 9 large cookies
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed meal (grind raw sunflower seeds in a food processor)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup 88 Acres Pumpkin Seed Butter
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup add-ins of your choice (we used pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, stir the ground flax and water together. Set aside to gel for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, sunflower seed meal, cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the Pumpkin Seed Butter, sunflower oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and the flax mixture. Once everything is smooth and fully combined, pour it into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Throw your add-ins into the large bowl as well.
Using a spatula, bring your cookie dough together until combined. This is a very wet dough!
Using a 1/4 cup measure, drop portions of the cookie dough out onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies by about 1 1/2 inches apart. Slightly flatten the portions of dough and form them into a circle with your fingers.
Bake the cookies for 28-30 minutes or until slightly darkened and dry on top. Let them cool completely. They will keep in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 5 days.