Celebrate the 4th of July with these decedant white chocolate raspberry brownies, they’re sure to delight!
prep time: 15 mins
cook time: 40 mins
- 9oz (250g) white chocolate
- 6 tbsp butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 oz (150g) fresh raspberries
- 8in (20cm) square cake pan
- Parchment paper
- 2 medium-sized bowls
- Electric mixer
- Metal spoon
- Plastic spatula
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line the bottom of an 8in (20cm) square cake pan with parchment paper.
- Break up the chocolate. Put 6oz (175g) in a bowl. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy in a medium bowl. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract, then stir in the melted chocolate.
- Sift the flour and salt over the mixture and fold in. Then gently fold in the saved broken chocolate and raspberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan, spread into the corners, then level with a plastic spatula. Cook for 30-35 minutes. Cool before cutting into squares.
- Brownies should be firm on the outside but gooey and fudgelike on the inside.
- For a more festive approach, add blueberries for a true red, white & blue feel.
Excerpted from Complete Children’s Cookbook, reprinted by permission of DK, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Copyright © 2018. photos by Dorling Kindersley: Howard Shooter, 2018