Yummy, Gluten-Free Snacks for Your Children! With all of the benefits of cooking with children, why wait to get started? Whether it’s cooking easy snacks or dinner on the weeknights, the time invested is well worth the effort. When starting, look for a few cooking activities, your child can successfully do independently or with not much involvement from you. Start small and simple, and keep it fun. As your child gets older, they will develop the skills, attention span, and interest to complete more elaborate cooking tasks. Try these easy recipes from @ChildLifeEssentials to help get you started!
Apples & D3-Dip is our current favorite duo and perfect as a virtual-school snack for any time of day! Get to munchin’ with your munchkins the healthy way.
- 8 drops ChildLife Essentials Vitamin D3 Drops
- 1-2 apples
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Cut apples into fun shapes for a little extra fun!
Lunchin’ just got to a whole new level. Put together your very own pocket full of sunshine with these Vita-Pita Pockets packed with veggies and Vitamin C!
- ½ tsp ChildLife Essentials® Vitamin C (serving size varies depending on age)
- 2 greek pitas cut in half
- 8 oz hummus
- ¼ cup feta
- cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- Cut and open pita bread to create a pocket.
- In a bowl, mix the hummus with ChildLife Essentials® Vitamin C. Add hummus mixture to each pita bread pocket, coating the inside.
- Combine the feta, tomato, cucumber, and red onion into a bowl and lightly mix.
- Spoon mixture into the pocket.
Fore more healthy snacks visit childlifenutrition.com/super-snacks