TXU Energy Presents Zoo Lights, Nov. 14th – Jan. 10th
For the past 7 years, Houston Family Magazine has had the honor of capturing the best & brightest holiday lights at the Houston Zoo. Every year, it is such a treat to be one of the first people to get to see what is new & exciting with the installation. It is definitely something our staff and families look forward to every year.
This year, the lights kick off on November 14th and run all the way through the holidays until January 10th. Mark your calendars to enjoy the festivities with your family, friends, or make it a date night! Stroll through the beautiful Zoo grounds as you take in the sights and sounds of the season.
Zoo Lights Highlights:
- Stroll through a 125-foot-long Infinity Tunnel of Light. Over 25 feet longer than last year!
- Sip your hot chocolate as you sit by the fire toasting marshmallows at one of our s’mores making stations.
- Experience the 4-D Enchanted Forest presented by King & Spalding with luminous flowers created by pure imagination and bubbles that create a 4-D sensory experience.
- NEW FOR 2020: See the towering mythical dragons of the Enchanted Forest.
- Get a selfie on the giant ice throne while listening to Frozen tunes and stroll through the “snow” in Winter Wonderland.
- See festive trains winding through a miniature winter village at the Holiday Train Village, presented by Comcast.
- Stop by Santa’s Workshop to take a holiday picture with Santa.
- Say hello to Candy, the interactive talking Zebra presented by H.E.B.
- While the Zoo animals are fast asleep, the life-sized animals at the Watering Hole presented by Texas Capital Bank are out late to light up the night.
- Perfect holiday photo spots can be found throughout the Zoo, like the huge 33’ tall Holiday tree presented by TC Energy adorned with colorful, custom-made decorations and 22,000 lights.
Wherever you look, whenever you go, you are sure to have a magical night. Being out & about, in the fresh night air, under the stars and the beautiful lights are what the holidays are all about. Spending time together with family and making memories. Be sure to carve out some time this hectic holiday season to visit the Houston Zoo. You and your family will be glad you did.
Be sure to buy early for the best price! Purchase timed tickets online at houstonzoo.org/zoolights.
Did You Know…
- You can recycle your old or broken lights at the Houston Zoo this holiday season.
- The Houston Zoo has recycled 20,019 pounds of holiday lights – that’s nearly the same weight as two male Asian elephants.
- Only string lights will be accepted for recycling; please do not bring other items such as flood lights, extension cords or light hooks.
- You can bring your holiday string lights to the main entrance of the Houston Zoo until January 10. Simply place them in the bin that says, “Recycle your holiday lights
- here and help save animals in the wild!” located at the Zoo’s main entrance.
- The Zoo will make sure they are responsibly recycled, and you can enjoy your holidays knowing that you helped save animals in the wild!
TXU Energy Presents Zoo Lights: VIP Experience
See the animals at the Zoo during the day and get early access to Zoo Lights! Your VIP ticket gets you daytime Zoo admission, a complimentary meal at Cypress Circle Café, and exclusive access to Zoo Lights before the public.
Sensory Friendly Night – Monday, December 7
On this night the Zoo will feature further reduced capacity, static lights, and reduced volume for the holiday music.