By Lauren Strait
It’s been a year since I have seen the purple mountains majesty, the rock bottom lakes and all of the mountainous scenery that comes with Arizona (where our family is from.)
Our family has been very fortunate as we have had the pleasure of doing quite a bit of sight seeing since we got here, but at the top of my list was Hill Country Texas!
Canyon Lake is one of the most beautiful lakes, connected by the Guadalupe River best known for tubing, and I was thrilled to get my nature fix in that reminded me most of my home state.
We had the unique opportunity to stay in one of the lodge suites at Canyon Lakeview Resort, and it did not disappoint. Here are five reasons to book your next stay at Canyon Lakeview Resort.
1. All the amenities needed. If you like “glamping” the lodges OR cabins are perfect for you. Our lodge suite complete with a full kitchen, Murphy bed for the kids and a back bedroom for the adults. It was quaint and quiet, a perfect place to rest after fun on the water! The lodges are great for family reunions. In fact, there was one going on during our stay. Everyone can have their own room, yet share the common deck and play on the grass fields with the kids close by. They also have gorgeous cathedral cabins if you want some more space to relax, or want to share a space with multiple families under one roof.
2. Deer! One of our favorite parts of being at Canyon Lakeview Resort was the abundance of deer in close proximity. Each room comes with a full bag of deer food, so you can actually get eye to eye with some wildlife during your stay.
3. Water sports galore. Whether you like to beach it on the water’s edge of the lake, kayak, jet ski or boat, you can do all of those things right next to your place. They have two boat ramps right next to the resort, where you can enjoy a full day on the water, and then come back, shower and start a camp fire right on the property during the evenings.
4. It’s close to civilization. Even though you get to enjoy nature, if you forget to pack coffee or are in the mood for some good BBQ (we went to Bare Bull BBQ and it was amazing), all of it is a short drive away. The gas station is only 5 miles and the main marina is 30 minutes around the lake. There are so many fun places to eat on the Marina as well, and a grocery store if you decide you want to BBQ back on property.
5. Best trout fishing in Texas. If you love Trout, Canyon Lake and the Guadalupe River are the perfect spots to fish. The water is so clear you can even see these beautiful rainbow creatures right under your feet.
Since our stay, we have already sent emails out to the extended family about our next reunion here at Canyon Lakeview Resort. I personally want to check out one of the cathedral cabins next time and have it be warm enough to tube down the river. Plus, I forgot to mention that you CAN bring your furry family members too! I know my pup would love to spend the weekend out there with us soon. We look forward to visiting again soon.
***This trip was complimentary in exchange for the review. The thoughts and opinions in this article are my own.****