Can you afford spring break or summer camps for your kids? Looking at this graphic from the American Camp Association, how can you afford NOT to at least TRY?!? A little planning can make it all possible!
You’ll start things off right by attending the 22nd annual Houston Family Magazine Camp Fair which promises a camp for every kid and their unique interests. Happening on three different dates in west, north and southwest Houston, there’s no excuse to miss this FREE event. It’s your chance to watch your child explore the possibilities; gather some brochures and information; and go home to do your research before the camps fill up and you’re too late.
Here are some tips for on how to research and cover some of the costs:
• Payment plans, financial aid & scholarships are usually available, even if they don’t advertise it on their website. Pick up the phone and call to ask.
• You can also ask if the camp participates in income-eligible subsidy programs, for instance through Title XX.
• Inquire at your church or synagogue.
• Flexible Spending Accounts may allows parents to be reimbursed. Ask your benefits provider and visit the FSA Feds website for more information.
• In certain circumstances, day care expenses are deductible on your taxes. Visit the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website for more information.
• Visit the ACA wesbite to find your local office contact which might offer a creative idea or two. Accreditation from the American Camp Association ensures that camps have voluntarily met a variety of health and safety standards, such as staff-to-camper ratios, staff hiring procedures, emergency communication plans, and many more.
Join our HFM Photographer Group on Facebook
Pre-register by February 9 and attending one of 3 FREE HFM Camp Fairs 2018 to win one of several free camps and other prizes!
The first 500 attendees receive a BAG full of SWAG!
RSVP Here: https://www.houstonfamilymagazine.com/…/register-camp-fair…/
February 10, 2018 – Memorial City Mall (10a-4p)
February 11, 2018 – The Woodlands Mall (12p-5p)
February 17, 2018 – First Colony Mall (10a-4p)
For vendor info: https://www.houstonfamilymagazine.com/…/houston-family-mag…/