Can you believe it’s been 20 years since Landry’s developed the Kemah Boardwalk? Since then, we’ve watched it grow in size and popularity.
You can celebrate the anniversary every Thursday night this summer with Kemah Boardwalk’s 20th Annual Rock the Dock concert series. As always, music lovers of all ages will have a chance to listen to the best local and regional bands with music from a wide variety of rock genres while taking in those beautiful boardwalk views.
Some things to do at the Boardwalk this summer includes:
• Firework Fridays– at 9:30pm every Friday, Kemah Boardwalk sets off a beautiful fireworks display.
• Tejano Nights– enjoy Tejano music every Sunday night in the month of June.
• Kickin’ It Country– country music nights are Wednesdays starting 6/20.
• Stingray Reef and Rainforest Exhibit– touch and feed live stingrays and discover live piranhas, snakes, scorpions, tarantulas, turtles and more in the Rainforest Exhibit.
• The Boardwalk Bullet– their one-of-a-kind wooden rollercoaster reaches speeds of 51 mph. If your family wants to seek the thrill of the 91 foot drop, the Bullet is for you.
• Aviator– soar over the boardwalk while floating along in the Aviator. With great views and a slower pace, this is a must for your children taller than 48”.
• Pharaoh’s Fury– this pendulum swing will make your stomach drop by taking you to new heights.
• Flare– this 72 foot wheel will test your limits when it takes you up and over at 25 mph while rotating forwards and backwards.
• Restaurants– with over 10 restaurants to satiate your hunger after a long day riding rides, these delightful eateries will hit the spot.
But these are only the cherries on top. Kemah Boardwalk offers 16 exhilarating rides, shops, arcade games and many more amusements. You can purchase tickets at the entrance or online. Check out their deals and other upcoming events for this summer on their website www.kemahboardwalk.com