CreditDonkey.com just published a 2014 study on the “Best Cities for Young Couples.” Assuming most young couples have a lot of financial burden such as student loans, car payments and are probably looking into getting married and/or buying a house, the study focused on major metropolitan areas for the following 3 factors.
- Housing affordability
- A community of other young couples
With “over 11,000 restaurants, 500 cultural and performing arts organizations, 40 higher-ed institutions, low unemployment, and one of the youngest populations in the nation,” the fourth-largest city, Houston, was ranked #1 on the list with the following numbers.
- Average mortgage rate: 4.13%
- Unemployment rate: 5.9%
- Percentage of population between 25 and 34: 15.2%
- Percentage of population under 5: 7.7%
- Percentage of population that are married couples with children under 18: 24%
Here’s the Top 10.
- San Antonio
You can read more about each city at CreditDonkey.com