- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large sliced red and/or green bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced fat 2% cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked long or medium grain brown rice, heated
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried black beans
- 6 8-inch multi-grain or whole-wheat tortillas
- Salsa and guacamole (optional)
- PREHEAT the oven to 350° F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- SPRAY large, nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add peppers, onions and cumin; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- MEANWHILE, COMBINE 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk, cheese and chilies in small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese has melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir 3/4 cup of cheese sauce into heated brown rice; reserve remaining cheese sauce.
- COMBINE refried beans and remaining 1/4 cup evaporated milk in medium, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100% power) for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after each minute or until slightly thickened.
- FILL tortillas with hot beans, rice and vegetables, dividing equally. Fold sides over filling. Place filled burritos, seam-side down, in prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheese sauce. Cover with foil.
- BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with salsa and guacamole, if desired.
TIPS: Cooked chicken or ground beef may be added to filling. Look for precooked ready-to-use brown rice to save prep time.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.culinary.net