- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup kosher salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 medium lemons, quartered
- 6 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 8 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cups cold apple juice
- 2 cups cold orange juice
- 2 large oven roasting bags
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
SEASONED SALT BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add cold juices to brine; cool to room temperature.
- Place one oven roasting bag inside the other. Place turkey breast inside both bags; pour in cooled brine. Seal bags, pressing out as much air as possible, and turn to coat. Place in a roasting pan. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, beat herb butter ingredients until blended. Remove turkey from brine; rinse and pat dry. Discard brine. Place turkey on a rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from turkey breast; rub herb butter under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks. Refrigerate, covered, 18-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix butter and seasoned salt; brush over outside of turkey. Roast 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 325°. Roast 1-3/4-2-1/4 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 170°. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Remove turkey from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.tasteofhome.com