- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 30 round butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup white, semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Spread peanut butter on half of the crackers; top with remaining crackers to make sandwiches. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a double boiler over simmering water or in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip sandwiches in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Test Kitchen Tips
Because shortening melts at a higher temperature than butter, it’s useful for baking cookies that you want to have a nice uniform shape.
Dark chocolate not only tastes good, it’s good for you, too. It contains iron, fiber, antioxidants and even vitamin C. The higher the cacao content (cocoa bean solids, which may be listed as a percentage on the label), the higher the content of these components in the chocolate.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.tasteofhome.com