4 to 6 Thick-cut boneless pork chops
1 Tablespoons butter
1 Shallot, minced
2 Cloves of garlic, minced
1 Cup chicken broth
½ Cup white wine
½ Cup Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons heavy cream
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Heat butter and shallots in a skillet or the insert of a Stove-top Safe Crock-Pot® slow cooker insert.
2. Salt and pepper chops.
3. Sear pork chops on both sides until browned.
4. Place Stove-top Safe insert into Crock-Pot® slow cooker – or, if using a skillet to brown, place chops, butter and shallots in the Crock-Pot®cooker.
5. Whisk together chicken broth and 2 Tablespoons of Dijon mustard.
6. Pour over pork chops in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
7. Cover; cook on High for 3 hours or on Low for 4 hours.
9. Pour liquid from Crock-Pot®slow cooker into a skillet over medium-high heat.
10. Add ½ Cup white wine, 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard and 2 Tablespoons heavy cream.
11. Bring to a boil and continue cooking until reduced to desired thickness. (note: the alcohol burns off when you reduce the sauce.)
12. When sauce is done, stir in 2 Tablespoons of honey (or more, to your taste) and remove from heat.
13. To serve, place each pork chop on a plate and drizzle with honey-mustard sauce. Pairs nicely with green vegetables!
TIP: Be sure the Crock-Pot® slow cooker is 1/2 to 3/4 full to prevent the pork chops from overcooking.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2020 www.crock-pot.com