- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 20 oz chicken thighs (five in total), trimmed of any excess fat
- 1-2 Tbs. dried Italian seasoning
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 (14 oz) cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups spiral pasta
- 1 (5 oz) tub baby spinach
- 1 lemon
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Parmesan, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high. Season the chicken thighs with the Italian seasoning, plus a nice pinch of salt all over. Sear in the pan on one side for five minutes; flip and sear another five minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes and spiral pasta; bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer about 10 minutes, until the pasta is al dente. At this point, tong out the chicken and give the thighs a rough shred. Put them back in the pot, then add the spinach to wilt, and squeeze the whole lemon right on in. Taste and season again with another pinch of salt. You’re done!
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with plenty of fresh parmesan.
- Serves 6.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 http://bevcooks.com