Each year, over 78.8 million American families enjoy going camping. But you don’t need an RV or even a nearby campground to take part in this activity. Many families enjoy spending a night outdoors camping in the backyard.
But who has time to cook a big meal for the camp night? Instead of doing that, check out these Instant Pot recipes below.
Here are five Instant Pot dip recipes to prepare ahead of the camp night.
1. Instant Pot Hummus
Hummus is a Middle Eastern dip, primarily made from chickpeas. Not only is hummus delicious, but it also provides lots of health benefits. Plus, this recipe is much better than any hummus at the grocery store.
While your garbanzos cook, grab some green peas and follow this kid-friendly recipe.
- Dried garbanzo beans – 8 ozs
- Water – 6 cups
- Lemon juice – ½ cup
- Tahini paste – ½ cup
- Minced garlic – 8 to 10 cloves
- Olive oil – ½ cup
- Kosher salt – 1 ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Add garbanzo beans and water to your Instant Pot.
- Seal your vent knob, cook on high pressure for 38-40 minutes.
- Once the timer sounds, do a natural pressure release.
- Scoop out 1 cup of the chickpea water.
- In a food processor, blend your tahini paste, minced garlic, and ⅓ cup of lemon juice until everything’s smooth.
- Pour in half of your cooked chickpeas, add in chickpea water 1 tbsp at a time, and half of your olive oil. Continue processing to reach desired consistency.
- Add in your salt, cumin powder, the rest of your olive oil, and your remaining chickpeas.
2. Instant Pot beer cheese dip
Is there a better combination than beer and cheese? By making Instant Pot beer cheese dip, you’ll have a treat that’s hard for anyone to resist. This recipe does call for beer, so it might be best to save this one for the parents.
Pair this dip with an Instant Pot Venison Roast recipe from Corrie Cooks for a delicious main course.
- Guinness beer – 6 ozs
- Cream cheese – 2 ozs
- Shredded cheddar cheese – 4 cups
- Pretzel sticks or chips, for serving
- Pour your beer into the Instant Pot.
- Cut your cream cheese into small cubes.
- Add your cubed cream cheese and shredded cheddar to the Instant Pot.
- Lock your Instant Pot, setting it to cook on high for five minutes.
- After the timer sounds, use the Instant Pot’s quick-release function and let steam dissipate.
3. Instant Pot Queso
You can’t have a list of the best dips without including queso. This classic dip is a favorite on the menu of almost any Mexican restaurant. But you don’t have to go to a restaurant to enjoy cheesy, satisfying queso.
- Ground beef – 1 lb
- Taco seasoning – ¼ cup
- Water – ¾ cup
- Velveeta Cheese – 1 box
- Rotel (Medium or Hot) – 1 can
- Brown your ground beef in a pan over medium heat.
- Add in your water and taco seasoning to this same pan.
- Stir everything together, reducing to a simmer.
- Add your cooked ground beef, Velveeta, and Rotel into the Instant Pot.
- Cook on high pressure for four minutes, ensuring the Instant Pot’s vent knob is sealed.
- After the timer sounds, perform a quick release.
4. French Onion Dip
You might have tried French onion dip in the past. But have you had caramelized onion dip? This simple and delicious treat is one that everyone will keep coming back for. Be warned, this dip is so delicious that you might find yourself licking it off of your fingers.
- Yellow onions (cut into ½ inch slices) – 3 lbs
- Unsalted butter – 6 tbsps
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Pepper – ½ tsp
- Sour cream – 12 ozs
- Cream cheese – 8 ozs
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Add your butter to the Instant Pot, melt it with the saute setting.
- Pour in your sliced onions, baking soda, pepper, and salt.
- Stir everything together, let it cook for five minutes.
- Put your lid back on, cook on high pressure for 16 minutes with the vent knob set to sealed.
- After the timer sounds, quick-release the pressure.
- Remove the lid and use the saute setting, stirring the contents until all liquid evaporates.
- Take out the onions and add them to a bowl with your sour cream, soy sauce, and cream cheese. Stir well.
5. Instant Pot Jalapeno Cheese Dip
If you want something with a little kick, you might like this recipe for a spicy jalapeno cheese dip. The best part about this recipe is that it’s spicy without the heat being too overpowering.
- Butter – 4 tbsp
- Flour – 4 tbsp
- Milk – 2 cups
- Cheddar cheese – 16 ozs
- Colby cheese (shredded) – 16 ozs
- Canned tomatoes – 1 cup
- Pickled jalapenos – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 4 tbsp
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Add butter to the Instant Pot and set it to saute, until the butter melts.
- Pour in your flour and milk, stirring often to avoid lumps.
- Add in your cheese, stir thoroughly
- Toss in your jalapenos and tomatoes, continuing to stir.
- Close your Instant Pot
- Set to “Manual” and cook on high for seven minutes.
- After the timer sounds, do a natural pressure release.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Camping is a fun way for people to get together. Now, it’s time to get started planning more camping experiences and of course, more delicious dips!