Top places to unplug in Houston.
- Explore the paths of Buffalo Bayou by foot or on a bike and reap the benefits of being exposed to nature. buffalobayou.org
- Gather family and friends to reconnect at one of the many picnic pavilions. Fish and contemplate the beauty of nature on the lake at Rob Fleming Park. thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov
- Breath in the salt air and walk in the sand along Galveston’s shoreline. Galveston.com
- Take a stroll through the gardens and walk the trails that wind through beautifully preserved woodlands at the Mercer Botanic Gardens. net/parks/mercer/
- Be absorbed in a variety of pristine and unpaved primitive trails spotted with plant and wildlife species, white sand beaches, swamps and sloughs with century-old cypress trees at Jesse H. Jones Park and Nature Center. hcp4.net/parks/jjp/
- Combine a nature-lover’s thirst for knowledge in the Great Room and then seat at a table overlooking the ponds for a moment of reflection at Delores Fenwick Nature Center. gov/departments/parks-recreation/facilities/delores-fenwick-nature-center