“I like to use this recipe when I have a ripe avocado that I don’t want to waste. It is absolutely delicious and a wonderful source of fiber and fatty acids. Feel free to get creative with the ingredients! Substitute cilantro with mint or parsley, or chia seeds with sesame or poppy seeds.”
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chia seeds
- Toast bread slices to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mash avocado in a bowl; stir in cilantro, Meyer lemon juice, Meyer lemon zest, cayenne pepper, and sea salt. Spread avocado mixture onto toast and top with chia seeds.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 Allrecipes.com