“A lemon pound cake made with yogurt instead of sour cream. I have used this recipe for a long time and had misplaced it. I went to my daughter and had her give me another copy.”
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container lemon flavored yogurt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat one egg at a time into the butter mixture; add lemon extract with last egg.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Alternately mix in the flour mixture and the yogurt, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Beat just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 Allrecipes.com