How to Host Your Own Mini-Olympics at Home. The 2021 Summer Olympics kick off on Jul. 23 and will be must-see TV for families across the world. Don’t want to stop at just watching the games? Go ahead and create your own mini-Olympics right at home. We’ve found 5 ideas from families around the world on how to host your own bash. Here’s to letting this year’s golden games inspire the whole family!
Olympics Party Games and Activities
- Hand out the paper-towel-tube torches, then tell the kids to have a relay race, passing the torches as they go through an obstacle course.
- Purchase blue, yellow, black, green, and red hula hoops (the colors of the Olympic rings), and have a contest to see who can hula hoop the longest. Give the hoops away as favors at the end of the party.
- Play tug o’ war.
- Consider some pool party or water games as part of the fun.
- Invent your own game with rules. You would be surprised how creative kids can be.
Craft and Food Ideas
- Serve a variety of snacks of international foods and decorate with small flags from around the world. Try Phoenicia Specialty Foods for some great suggestions to serve.
- Make poster boards by painting rings of the Olympic colors.
- Make gold tissue paper plates and metals using dollar store finds.