- 1 2-lb Butternut squash (cut in half length-wise, seeds removed)
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil (divided)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 4 cup Chicken bone broth (or any broth of choice)
- 1 13.5-oz can Coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Place the butternut squash halves open side up onto the baking sheet. Drizzle with a tablespoon of avocado oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Flip over, face down.
- Roast the butternut squash in the oven for about 40-55 minutes, until a knife goes in easily.
- When the squash is about 30 minutes into roasting, heat the remaining tablespoon of avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, cinnamon, nutmeg and thyme. Saute for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Add the broth and coconut milk. Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the squash is done.
- Scoop the squash out of the shells into the soup. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2020 www.wholesomeyum.com