- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound spicy bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut three 25×3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on bottom and up sides of a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray. Top with potatoes.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, onion, tomato sauce, saltines, ketchup, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and seasoned pepper. Add beef and sausage; mix lightly buy Imitrex. Shape into a loaf; transfer to slow cooker. Combine sauce ingredients; pour over top.
Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted into meat loaf reads at least 160° and potatoes are tender, 6 to 6-1/2 hours. Using foil strips as handles, remove meat loaf to a platter.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.tasteofhome.com