Time Together – How can parents stay sane?
Working from home full-time while raising kids is no easy task. To keep your family — and your career — from turning chaotic, you’ll need to get creative. Here are 11 tips to help work-from-home parents manage their households and find some semblance of peace.
Take Steps to De-Stress
Parents and kids experience stress. Eliminating stressors and sticking to a routine can help.
- Establish a stress-free morning routine.
- Keep up traditions like having dinner as a family.
- Spend low-key time together regularly.
- Make your spare time together true quality time.
Enlist Outside Help
Sometimes, outsourcing is the only way to get things done.
- Order grocery delivery to save time (and frustration).
- Choose a cleaning service to keep your house spic and span.
- Hire a dog walker to keep your pooch well cared for.
Discover New Ways to Keep Kids Busy
- Set up activities for younger kids before you begin your workday.
- Grab entertaining graphic novels for younger readers.
- Set your child up with their own virtual “meeting” playdate.
- Ensure your backyard is safe — then send kids outdoors. Be sure to check out this article from Houston Family Magazine for more info.
Whether you’re an experienced telecommuter or are new to parenting and working at home, the grind isn’t easy. But with these tips, you can give your kids a more enjoyable at-home experience without losing your sanity.