Mother’s Day is an annual reminder to cherish the relationship you have with your mom. Given this year’s unique circumstances, many of us are celebrating the holiday at home or even, away from some of the women we love most. However, with some creativity and preparation, you can give your mom a memorable Mother’s Day during quarantine.
Make a meal for your mom!
- Get with your dad &/or siblings and come up with a menu.
- Set the table with a plant or some fresh flowers from the yard or grocery store
- Make her feel special by creating a handwritten card or note telling her your favorite thing about her
- Play some of her favorite music in the background and be sure to clean up afterwards!
Buy her some potted plants/flowers
- Drop by one of the local nurseries and see what’s in season.
- If her favorite plant/flower isn’t available, choose one that is her favorite color.
- Present it to her in the pot and let her know that you will plant it for/with her.
Deck out her front door
When you drop off her Mother’s Day card and gift, take some extra time to dress up her door with a spring wreath. That way, she’ll be surprised with a burst of cheer when she opens her door — and she can leave it up for the neighborhood to see all season long.
Take her out for a meal
- If you are comfortable getting out, then support one of our local restaurants.
- Choose one of her favorite neighborhood places and make plans to go when it will be least crowded.
- If you aren’t comfortable, curbside is available all over town!
Local gift cards
- Most local businesses, that cannot open 100%, are getting creative in ways to stay relevant during these crazy times.
- If your mom has a favorite store, salon, restaurant, etc., contact them and see if they have gift cards available.
- She will look forward to the day she can frequent their establishment again and use that card!
These go a LOOOONG way with moms. I know I have framed many a drawing over the years and have kept all of them! Something from the heart is always priceless!
Watch a mother-daughter movie together
If you’re going to be stuck inside, you might as well cozy up on the couch and watch a movie marathon with your #1 lady. To celebrate the occasion, pick from a list of mother-daughter favorites, including Little Women, Steel Magnolias, and Wine Country.